24 July 2006

"Sad Day..."

Well, not really. My sister's 2nd anniversary with her husband. But what the title refers to is my nephew singing that same line over and over, the only line in English from the KYO song of the same name. It's so cute.

I love my sister and her family. I miss them.

Otherwise, America wins the Tour de France! Go, Landis! Even with his screwed up hip...and that had to be excruciating. I didn't follow it as closely as last year, since the World Cup was on, but I still checked the standings and all. I noticed that both Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich weren't in this year. Doping, presumably, or that's what I heard, at least. I wonder if that had anything to do with the win for Floyd Landis.

Also, this weekend: the Lifestyles Convention, in Vegas at the Stardust. It's for swingers to meet and...um...do what swingers do. To be honest the idea is interesting. Not that I'd do it, I would be way too shy and creeped out I think. I don't think I could even walk past it. But how the mind dictates to someone that "Hey I think I'd like to borrow her husband while you take his wife" is, to me, fascinating. I know people into polyamoury and they insist its completely natural. And if it works for them, that's great. I'm not judging. I just don't think that I could do it.

No comments: