31 August 2006

This can't happen again.

I don't know what happened, but it wasn't the first time. It's just been a long time since it last happened, and I can't afford for it to happen again.

It was at work, right before break, and my whole left side went completely numb. Not just my arms and legs but the left side of my chest, head, lips, eye, everything. I had difficulty speaking. I could understand what was being said, and I could form responses in my mind but those responses wouldn't come out. Or they would, but with incorrect words. (For instance, I remember trying to say "diminish" and all that would come out was "dissention".) On top of all that, I was dizzy and somewhat disoriented, to make the episode completely and totally unpleasant and worrisome. A few foremen saw me and asked if I should go home but with all that bullshit Les and Julian gave me I wasn't going to risk it. It's not like I was working off of a boomlift or a ladder. So I stayed with it, and inexplicably it left just as suddenly right during lunch time. The entire episode was about 3 hours total.

Devar took me aside and said I need to take care of it, and I called my hematologist and left a message. I hope this was completely isolated. I've been having a feeling of general malaise for a few weeks now though, so maybe it was cumulative.

No comments: