24 February 2008

Been tagged.


I wound up getting sick--again!!--so what the hell, right? Ayla tagged me, and while doing so, reminded me that we've known each other for close to 17 years. It's an incredible feeling, despite the fact that I feel old. Thirty is coming on fast and I'll be honest, it scares me a little.

Anyway, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my 7 things:

1. I'm most comfortable being nude, at all times. Tannah hates when I walk around the house nude, in front of windows and such, but really...the only way someone would see me is if they had climbed into the backyard anyway, so I'm not too concerned.

2. I wish there was a way to bring up Gabriel (my son who died in 2005) without being hit with the awkward silence or forced apologies that always come immediately after mentioning him.

3. I've become more in-tune with nature, over the past year. I'm starting to feel the natural cycles and, though I'm not at all fond of the cold, I'm learning to appreciate winter for what it is.

4. I actually enjoy some video game music: Kid Icarus, Blaster Master, Super Mario 2 & 3, Bomberman (y'know, old-school)...and I feel slightly guilty for it, so I reassure myself that it is real, composed music, and worthy of listening. I still feel a little stupid anyway.

5. I refuse to take psych meds anymore. Depression doesn't rule my life, and I always hated the zombie-feeling I got from the pills. I think despair, sometimes, is better than feeling absolutely nothing at all. As far as some of the other things that the psych docs have diagnosed me with over the years...well, I don't think meds work on that, anyway.

6. I don't at all understand either American football or NASCAR racing, and I make no apologies for it.

7. I feel I can't survive completely on American food. I need variety; American food has it's purpose but a week without taboulé or kalguk-su or coq au vin or sopa de albóndigas or weinsauerkraut or or or...hell, even some Haribo...I don't know, I guess I'm addicted.

I would like to tag my fellow bloggers:
M
Pat
Woozie
Crystal
Tenno
P.L.
Debbie

1 comment:

Ayla said...

yes yes and yes *nodding*

i totally relate to almost everything you said!

despair is part of life, being a zombie is not. how can you know joy if you don't experince sarrow?

i think of gabe often since you lost him so soon after i lost raven. and you can talk to me about him anytime without an akward silence or apologies.

much much love my dearest friend :)

oh yeah, and 30 is the new 20 ;)