16 July 2007

Leaving our church, and other things.


Truth be told, I haven't gone to church in...a long time. It's not that I'm adamantly disagreeing with anything in particular just I'm feeling like organised religion isn't quite for me. I've got faith (as I explained before) but there's no "spark of divinity", as it were. Not at this church, not at others I've tried in the past. Oncle Jean gave me some suggestions; I have to look into that. There just doesn't seem to be motivation, but I don't want to get into the whys of it here.

And...swingers. That's a huge theme with alot of people I know right now. More specifically, swinging versus polyamory. To most people the two might seem like the same thing: free, open sex. But there are immense differences and really, that's not the point. The point is that like anything, there are rules, and it's worrisome that some use their apparent lifestyle choices to fuel other fantasies. I understand that really, swinging (and to a different extent, polyamory) might seem like exceedingly public ways of life, they aren't. Hard to explain.

Before anyone knowing me well assumes I've thrown myself full-on into either lifestyle, that's not the case. I'm just thinking out loud about such choices...and stuff...how it affects others, and not just the partner(s) involved but anyone: family, friends, co-workers...it's just been on my mind, I guess.

In other (happier!) news, I've discovered salt water taffy, and honey-nougat ice bars from the Korean market. Oh joyous day! A bit addicting but I'm holding back.

No comments: