16 February 2007

Belated V-Day.

Since I had class on actual Valentine's Day, we celebrated on Friday. Tannah's brother recommended Buca di Beppo, a place he'd taken his girl and really enjoyed. Having never been, we thought it was worth a try.

I know I've mentioned here a few times that I have an enduring love for Grey Goose. When I saw that the menu offered a cocktail called Cosmo Bella, made with Grey Goose L'Orange, I absolutely had to try it. And I'm glad I did, it was awesome. I forget what Tannah had, he didn't have anythign alcoholic though and that's likely why it slips my mind. Since it was a special dinner, we went for an appetizer of apple and gorgonzola salad, with candied walnuts. I had one much like it at Red Square, the Russian restaurant at Mandalay Bay a few years ago. I think it's still my favourite salad, ever. (And I make a mean salad.) We were adequately warned by the waiter that as this was a family restaurant, everything comes family-sized: each small entree serves two, and a large one serves four. There was no point ordering separately, so we compromised on a spaghetti and meatballs...these meatballs were the size of a man's fist. It was insane. We had plenty to take home with us, which is great...leftovers are exciting!

Honestly, I like Buca di Beppo...it's so vastly different than the run-of-the-mill Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. And I like that my husband and I are open-minded enough to not stay in a rut, to try new things, to keep life fresh. It makes everything so much brighter.

No comments: