05 November 2006

NABCEP=failure!


NABCEP, the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners...the exam was crazy!! It was so so hard, the hardest exam I've taken in years. In fact they said about half of us failed, but we won't know who for sure for a bit. it was like, story problems (which I suck at) saying, for instance, "Customer wants 50% of energy by solar, he used 14,000 kilowatts in the past 2 years, his roof is east-facing at 45 degrees latitude with 3.9 sun peak hours daily..." and on and on and on. It just got so convoluted it was hard to keep track of everything. I want to work in photovoltaics one day but it's going to come to needing a certification this year. And they're thinking of using this as the state certification test...

Happy things:
~had pain au chocolat for lunch (I know! I have no self control)
~found an issue of "Le Point" at the Paris gift shop and bought it to practice reading and even though it cost 3 euros it was priced $6.25 :-(
~felt humility at this exam

But really...all my recent entries have been really tiny. I guess I don't have much to say. Tired? Bored? Nothing to say? I have no idea. I guess when the long ones come they'll just do their thing.

No comments: